Department Of gynaecology
Gynecology is the branch of medicine that specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the female reproductive organs. Other women’s health issues such as menopause, hormone problems, contraception, and infertility are also dealt with in this branch. Gynecology is involved with the care of reproductive health and the functions and diseases that are exclusive to women and girls.
Kasturi Hospital specializes in:
- Maternal-fetal medicine: an obstetrical subspecialty, sometimes referred to as perinatology, that focuses on the medical and surgical management of high-risk pregnancies and surgery on the fetus with the goal of reducing morbidity and mortality.
- Reproductive endocrinology and infertility: a subspecialty that focuses on the biological causes and interventional treatment of infertility
- Gynecological oncology: a gynaecologic subspecialty focusing on the medical and surgical treatment of women with cancers of the reproductive organs
- Female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery: a gynaecologic subspecialty focusing on the diagnosis and surgical treatment of women with urinary incontinence and prolapse of the pelvic organs. Sometimes referred to by laypersons as "female urology"
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery
- Family planning: a gynaecologic subspecialty offering training in contraception and pregnancy termination (abortion)
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology
- Menopausal and geriatric gynecology