Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a common condition that affects a woman's ovary. This is a common endocrine system disorder with the following main features:
- Excess androgen : The level of male hormones in the body increases and results in physical signs such as excess facial or body hair.
- Irregular Periods: PCOS affects the ovaries and the ovulation will not happen properly
- Polycystic Ovaries: The ovaries become enlarged and the eggs will be surrounded by many fluid filled follicles. But a patient with PCOS don't actually have cysts.
If a patient with any of the two above mentioned features may be diagnosed with PCOS Other symptoms of PCOS include:
- Excess insulin: The excess amount of insulin affects the ovaries by increasing the production of androgen and that interferes the ability of ovaries to ovulate.
- Heredity: If a patient's mother or sister have PCOS, that person also have a greater chance of having it.
- Low Grade Inflammation: Low grade inflammation stimulates polycystic ovaries to produce androgens.
Complications of PCOS
Women with Poly cystic ovary syndrome have a high risk of developing the following complications:
- Breast cancer
- Anxiety and depression
- Endometrial cancer
- High cholesterol
- Sleep apnea
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
There is no treatment for exact cure of PCOS, the treatment focuses on eliminating or decreasing the symptoms to prevent complications. At first the doctor may recommend a lifestyle change and weight loss. Then the doctor will prescribe medications to regulate the menstruation cycle and a medication which help you to ovulate, the doctor may also prescribe medications to reduce excessive hair growth.
Kasturi Multispeciality Hospital provides the Best Treatment for PCOS in Hyderabad. The hospital is the Best Gynecological Centre in Hyderabad offers quality healthcare customized for individual needs of the patients
Visit us: kasturihospitals.com
Mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org