Infertility is defined as not becoming pregnant (conceive) after 1 year of unprotected sex. Women who dont have regular menstrual cycles, or they may older than 35 years & have able to conceive during a 6-month period of trying, should be considered of making an appointment with reproductive endocrinologist, an infertility specialist. Pregnancy is the result of a process that has many steps.
To get pregnant
- A womans body should release an egg from one of her ovaries(ovulation).
- Man’s sperm should join with the egg along with the way (fertilize).
- The fertilized egg should go through thefallopian tube towards theuterus(womb).
- The fertilized egg should attach to inside of the uterus called as implantation
Infertility can be result from a problem with any or any one of these steps.
Infertility can be due to a single cause, can be either you or your partner, or a combination of the both factors which may prevent pregnancy from occurring or continuing. Luckily, there were many of the safe & effective therapies for overcoming the infertility. These treatments will significantly improves the chance of becoming pregnant.
Infertility will be treated with medicine, intra-uterine insemination, surgery orassisted reproductive technology. Many times these treatments will be combined. Doctors will recommend a specific treatment for the infertility based on
- The factors which are contributing to the infertility.
- The duration of infertility.
- The age of the female and male.
- The couples treatment preference after the counseling about the success rates, risks, & benefits of each and every treatment option.